You all are probably familiar with the fact that my job isn’t your normal 9-5 office job which means I don’t dress daily in the traditional office attire. Perhaps you may not know this, but before I decided to start my own boutique, I worked in outside sales and dressed up every single day! Sometimes I do miss that office style life, but one thing I love about my job now is the flexibility about what I can call “work wear”. Now-a-days there are so many women working that non traditional 9-5 job, but listen gals, we still have to get dressed!! Sweats are fun, but looking good and feeling good helps you hustle!
Back in the day when I did work in an office, I loved shopping at Express for my work wear. Here I am years later in a different work setting, still picking pieces from Express that meet the needs of how I dress for work now. I love to purchase items that can be dressed up, dressed down, or even worn from work to play! When shopping for your work items it is necessary to purchase items that you can wear multiple ways.
Here are 5 major essentials you need in your wardrobe for any job:
- Camis: Camis are so versatile! You can wear them alone, under blazers, under cardigans, with denim or with skirts! You can never have too many! I am obsessed with this black mesh cami and this adorable burgundy one as well.
- Blazers: This one is a no brainer for any job! Blazers paired with denim still give your casual work outfit that extra structured look! Love the color of this one!
- Leather leggings: What I love about these is the versatility! You can easily pair with a cami, blazer and heels for a dressier look, or you can dress it down with a graphic tee and sneakers!
- Button down shirts: These are a must! Whether it be striped, animal print, camo or solid colors this is a piece that you can pair with denim, dress slacks, and even skirts. So versatile and so perfect for work!
- Black denim: For you ladies who are able to dress more casual for work, there is just something about a great pair of black denim that still keep you feeling dressy!
Here are a few ways I like to dress for my job! My setting is more “casual” but all of these items can easily be dressed up for an office setting or worn for a night on the town. I just love how many amazing work to play items you can find at Express! Redefine what work wear means to you!
Right now there is an amazing offer too! Receive $25 Off $100 in-store and online, using code: 5037
Click here to shop!
Hope you enjoyed learning about how I incorporate key pieces to dress for work, and thank you Express for partnering with me on this post! *All ideas and opinions are my own*
Holy moly! Can you even believe that today is October 1st?! I am in major shock. Everyone hurry and get out your Christmas decor because it’s basically freaking Christmas!
Wanted to share with you a review of my top 10 best selling items from the blog/Instagram from the month of September! Some might be sold out now, but most are still in stock!
Top 10 items for September
- Camo print leggings: these were a TOP TOP seller and I can see why! They are high waisted and stretchy and easy to throw on a pair with a sweatshirt. TTS I did a size small. They are 40% off right now so snag them up for only $24!
- Thicker Gucci dupe belt: Per usual, this has been one of my top sellers for a few months now. For those of you that can not afford or refuse to pay for the real version, this is an amazing dupe!! You can easily punch holes in the belt too (DM if you have questions on how my hubby did this). I did a size 100 which is the smallest size, and I usually wear a size 5/27 in denim. Here is the link for the skinny brown, (which also happens to be the number 10 best seller on my list) and here is the link for the thicker brown.
- MVMT blue lense glasses: These were a hit and are now on back order but if you want them, ORDER NOW! These are adorable on, and they actually really work. I’ve been using for computer usage for several months and these have helped cut back on my headaches!
- David Yurman bangle dupe: This one is a great dupe for only $20! I’ve found myself wearing daily with my watch! It is adjustable and you just squeeze to fit your wrist! I’ve had no problems with discoloration, very impressed with the quality and arrived via prime (yessss).
- AE Varsity Stripe Henley Sweater: this was the #5 shopped item for September! Majority of your purchased the oatmeal color and the gray! If you haven’t snagged this yet I promise you, it is a must have! So soft, so comfy, and super on trend! Lots of colors to choose from too. I am wearing a small – it is very giving so if you are petite I would recommend sizing down.
- David Yurman dupe circle link bracelet: This one was a top seller as well! This does run big, but you can take the links out to make it work! Looks great stacked with the other bangle and your watch!
- Leopard sneakers for a steal: These bad boys were a huge hit when I wore them to NYFW. Most sizes are sold out so I’ve linked some great similar options for you! These are so fun to pair with tees – remember, leopard IS A NEUTRAL!
- Black thinner Gucci dupe belt: Still in the running of top sellers! I honestly wear this one way more than my thicker one. It is so dainty and perfect to spice up any outfit. Again, you can easily punch more holes in!
- Slit knee high waisted leggings: These are amazing! So comfy and so easy to wear! I am wearing a size small! Best part, these are only $12! Also don’t forget to snag yourself this camo top on sale!!
- Ruffled one piece swimsuit: this is such a great fitting swimsuit! Full coverage, but still sexy! I love the color so much! You can adjust the back as you need as you pull the strings to adjust. Also has padding in the boobs 🙂 I am wearing a size small!
Those were my top 10 most shopped items from September! There were some close runner ups but you all seemed to love the designer dupes I found 🙂 Thank you so much for shopping with me and using my links, I truly appreciate it!
As you all know, I just got back a few weeks ago from New York fashion week. If you’ve never been before I can tell you that the fashion is TOP NOTCH! So many fun trends shown during NYFW, it’s hard for me to even pick a favorite! You see amazing street style and it is always fun to see how bloggers and fashionistas pair everything together when in the city, but it’s also fun to pick your favorite trends and make it your own style once you are back home! One thing I loved seeing in New York were all of the graphic tees, the sock booties, the plaid blazers and the 90’s vibes. My FAVORITE trend of all though that I saw everywhere was LEOPARD PRINT. I headed back from New York and was determined to find the perfect leopard print blazer, and ladies I found it on Ebay. As I started shopping I honestly found so many amazing new and gently used items that I was obsessed with shopping and adding so much to my cart! The amazing thing about Ebay is that you can track down some amazing designer pieces or even lower priced pieces that are used or even brand new! My blazer was new with tags, which is cool because I learned that 80% of the merchandise actually sold on Ebay is new! I love rocking it with denim and sneakers for a more dressed down everyday look, but it’s also so fun to throw on some sock booties and hit the town! Here are some other amazing leopard blazers to check out.
If you are new to shopping on Ebay it is best to make sure you use their wonderful filters to help find exactly what you are looking for. I knew I wanted to track down a leopard blazer and also a pair of leopard booties, so I typed exactly what I was looking for into the search field. For instance, to find the blazer I typed in “women’s leopard print blazer”. From there, you can use the filters to search by size, brand, and condition (new or used). I snagged this pair of leopard booties and loved this pair as well. Here are some other animal print booties that can be found on Ebay:
Another really cool feature about Ebay is they have a daily deals section! So many amazing deals you can find on so many brand new and name brand items!
If you are in the market to snag some of the amazing trends seen at NYFW, Ebay is the place to do that! Whether you are looking for vintage rocker tees, fun animal print clothing and accessories, or even designer bags, you can find it all on Ebay. The shopping process was quick and easy – I hit the “buy now” button and selected the “free 2 day shipping” option and my items arrived quickly!
I have linked some of the top trends from fashion week that I located on Ebay below! Happy Shopping!
**Thank you Ebay for partnering with me on this post! All opinions are my own, and it was a pleasure working together!
The Shopbop sale is here! Now is your chance to snag some designer items that you’ve had your eye on. Right now you can receive 20% off on orders under $500 and 25% off on orders over $500 using code STOCKUP18. So many amazing pieces included like ….
This pair of denim that I wear non stop! (I size up to a 28 in these)
My favorite mules! (size up a half size)
Tory Burch miller sandals (can I get an Amen) in sand and leopard!
This necklace is on trend and so so cute!
My Tory Burch flip flops that I wear all summer and on vacation on sale!
This is my go to little black bag I’ve had for years and LOVE!
Z-Supply lovers snag a 3 pack of v-necks and get a discount!
Also on sale my favorite pair of black sunnies!
AND SO MUCH MORE
I have linked all of my top picks below, and remember, this is your chance to splurge on those designer items! Happy Shopping!
Happy hump day friends! I wanted to share some amazing jewelry pieces that I just received from Kendra Scott. Their new fall collection just came out, and let me tell you, the collection is hands down one of my favorites! There are so many everyday pieces, and also some absolutely amazing show stoppers like this pair below!
The Diane Statement Earrings will be an everyday wear for me this fall! They are striking to any outfit, and truthfully not as heavy as they look! They come in rose gold and silver as well!
The Aragon Silver Drop Earrings are so amazing to add with a boho chic outfit or even with a grunge look! This pop of turquoise and the silver is perfect! They come in a ton of different colors, and are very comfortable to the ear!
I am linking all of the jewels from above here, as well as some others I am loving! Thank you Kendra Scott for the beautiful jewelry, I am so excited to wear all of these gorgeous pieces! I encourage you all to check out their website for one of a kind, quality jewelry pieces!