(Click below to shop the jeans in this picture)
School starts this week for most, and that means it is time to get serious about shopping for new denim. Back to school shopping is essentially the “kick off” to fall fashion for all! I’m obsessed with denim so my shopping is usually year round, what can I say?! I’ve slowly been getting rid of all my “low rise” fitting bottoms – because truth is, I’m in my 30’s and I just can’t rock that look anymore. I was getting so sick and tired of bending over and having my butt crack show. No plumber crack for me anymore! Each pair of denim I’ve been purchasing have all been a higher rise and I am SO happy with my current selections! Here are my top 5 favorite pairs I’m loving right now:
- AEO Denim Highest Rise Jegging: Um hi, these are bomb!! For starters, they are the highest rise that American Eagle make, and I am obsessed! If you struggle finding jeans high enough so you can rock the crop tops (okay, I know I’m in my 30’s but I’m not giving up that look yet, sorry) then these are for you! I’m 5’11 and surprisingly the regular length were plenty long on me! They have a great stretch, and really great distressing detail on the butt, back of jeans and bottom. These run true to size! (Click below to directly shop this look)
- AEO Super Soft X4 Hi-Rise Jegging: Here is what I absolutely love about these! For starters, the super dark wash with the freyed edge! I also love the simple knee slit that ACTUALLY HITS ME ON THE KNEE! I am SO excited about this one! I can never find a pair of jeans that have knee slits that actually hit me at the knee. So, if you are a long legged chick like me, you need these. They are super stretchy and fit true to size – I did a size 4 regular length in these as well. Sorry for the blurry pic but wanted to show you them on!(Click below to directly shop this look)
- Free People High Rise Busted Knee Skinny: I’ve seen a lot of my fellow blogger friends rocking these so I decided to give them a try. To be honest, I should have sized up! The reviews are all over the board about these because each color (there are so many color combos of this denim) has a different fabric which means a different fit. I’m going to keep these and stretch them out, but I would definitely size up in these! I ordered a 27 and should have purchased the 28! What I love about these jeans are the big huge knee slits which are only going to get bigger over time – loveeeee that stretched out knee slit look! They are higher rise and definitely more of a crop fit (length wise) on me. (Click below to directly shop this look)
- Good American Good Legs High Waist Skinny Jean: If you’ve been following along with me through the Nordstrom sale madness then you already know my love for these jeans. They are an amazing fit, and I love the clean wash with a little pop of distress at the bottom. They look amazing with booties! They are definitely pricey, but I honestly think worth the splurge. These are especially great for girls with curves because they were made to flatter the real woman! I am wearing a size 4 in these and believe they run true to size! (Click below to directly shop this look)
- Apricot Lane – The Jena Distressed Low Rise Skinnies: These are from my boutique Apricot Lane, and I know what you are thinking, “I thought you said you hated low rise Jena?!” Okay, so we named these the low rise skinnies because I am pretty sure that is how the invoice described them. They ARE NOT low rise!! I would say they are more of a mid rise/normal rise if anything. We have sold out of these so many times because the fit is unbelievable. I honestly want to wear them every single day, but have to remind myself that it would be overkill. Oh, and I own two pairs! These run true to size and I am wearing a size 5. Restock coming this week! (denim and shoes will both be restocked this week).(Click below to directly shop this look)
That narrows it down to my top 5 favorites that you will see me sporting all over Instagram all fall! Let me know if you have any questions I am happy to help!
Happy denim shopping!