You all are probably familiar with the fact that my job isn’t your normal 9-5 office job which means I don’t dress daily in the traditional office attire. Perhaps you may not know this, but before I decided to start my own boutique, I worked in outside sales and dressed up every single day! Sometimes I do miss that office style life, but one thing I love about my job now is the flexibility about what I can call “work wear”. Now-a-days there are so many women working that non traditional 9-5 job, but listen gals, we still have to get dressed!! Sweats are fun, but looking good and feeling good helps you hustle!
Back in the day when I did work in an office, I loved shopping at Express for my work wear. Here I am years later in a different work setting, still picking pieces from Express that meet the needs of how I dress for work now. I love to purchase items that can be dressed up, dressed down, or even worn from work to play! When shopping for your work items it is necessary to purchase items that you can wear multiple ways.
Here are 5 major essentials you need in your wardrobe for any job:
- Camis: Camis are so versatile! You can wear them alone, under blazers, under cardigans, with denim or with skirts! You can never have too many! I am obsessed with this black mesh cami and this adorable burgundy one as well.
- Blazers: This one is a no brainer for any job! Blazers paired with denim still give your casual work outfit that extra structured look! Love the color of this one!
- Leather leggings: What I love about these is the versatility! You can easily pair with a cami, blazer and heels for a dressier look, or you can dress it down with a graphic tee and sneakers!
- Button down shirts: These are a must! Whether it be striped, animal print, camo or solid colors this is a piece that you can pair with denim, dress slacks, and even skirts. So versatile and so perfect for work!
- Black denim: For you ladies who are able to dress more casual for work, there is just something about a great pair of black denim that still keep you feeling dressy!
Here are a few ways I like to dress for my job! My setting is more “casual” but all of these items can easily be dressed up for an office setting or worn for a night on the town. I just love how many amazing work to play items you can find at Express! Redefine what work wear means to you!
Right now there is an amazing offer too! Receive $25 Off $100 in-store and online, using code: 5037
Click here to shop!
Hope you enjoyed learning about how I incorporate key pieces to dress for work, and thank you Express for partnering with me on this post! *All ideas and opinions are my own*