Oh sweet, sweet selfie lips. It started out being the way to post outfits daily without having to get all the way ready, and it turned out to be my “trademark” if you will. My Stella & Dot posts will float around and everyone knows its me because of the lips. Some may call them duck lips, but I call them “selfie” lips. There is actually a true art to the pout, I promise.
Now, let’s get down to business. Whats on those lips? I’ll be honest, I am a creature of habit. It’s very hard for me to try new things because when I find something I like I tend to stick to that color and wear it forever. Lately, I’ve really gotten in to the lipstick thing so my collection is growing like crazy!
Here are some of my current faves:
- Mac Lipstick – Color “Creme Cup” : this is a nice neutral pale pink color. The finish is creamy, which I love. It definitely needs to be lined with a lip pencil, and if you google this color you will find loads of suggestions. I personally selected the Mac Lip Pencil in color whirl. It looks a little more bright pink in my selfie pic due to filters. I also added a little gloss over the top which is nothing more than Maybelline’s Baby Lips Gloss in color taupe with me.
- Mac Nude Lipstick – Color “Velvet Teddy”: this is a great nude! I personally hate nudes that wash you out and this one does just the opposite. The tone of this color adds a nice warm pop! As you can see this has more of a brown tone, and it pairs very nicely with neutrals. This is a matte lipstick, so if you don’t like a matte lip add a clear gloss for some shine. The downside to a matte lipstick is they can sometimes dry out your lip which is a “reapplying” nightmare. I think Mac has their matte colors figured out! I do prefer wearing with a little gloss for day wear. Again, my favorite is the Maybelline Baby Lips gloss I posted about above.
- NYX Matte – Color “Whipped Caviar”: this is a great muted plum! I love NYX lipstick because its ballin’ on a budget and they’ve got great pigments. If you google and search NYX on Pinterest you will find some great Mac dupes. The reason I selected this color is that it’s a great dupe for Mac “Faux”. $6 for the big W! Sorry about the pic, hah! The most recent picture I have wearing this color is with my deer face!
- Alexa Persico – “Jessie Decker Lip Kit”: can’t take credit for this one. Ashley Drissi turned me on to this and then I told my hubby about it and he purchased it for me for Christmas (what a gem that guy). This sold out in about an hour, so next time it launches you have to order right when it goes live! This color isn’t as cool as I thought it would be, but I still love it! Jessie Decker could try to sell me a paper bag and I’d buy it. The lip liner that comes in this kit is my FAVORITE though! Hands down!! It glides on so perfectly and I’ve been wearing it with other lip colors as well. Ross also purchased me this lip gloss that they recommended pairing over this kit, you can find it here (color is naked).(I do really like this gloss a lot).
- Haus of Dolls Cosmetics – “She”: this one isn’t photo’d on my arm above, but I can’t finish this post without telling you about THE lipstick that I’ve literally worn for over a year. You’ve seen it pretty much on every single selfie I own and it goes down in history as my favorite lipstick ever! It’s a richly pigmented pink lipstick, with a nice creamy finish. Sadly when I just went to their site to link the color, its sold out. Hopefully it comes back in stock soon or I might cry!
Well gals, that is all for now! I hope that helps you if you’ve had your eye on any of the colors you see in my pics! I do have others (darker colors) that I am loving as well but I’ll save that for another day! I am surprised I was able to even do a back to back post like this. Well, I am working from home today thanks to a little projectile puker 🙁 Leave me your comments on some of your faves so I can check them out!